Chocolate @ No. 5, Hahndorf

Every time I go to Hahndorf I always have the intention of going to Chocolate @ No.5 but like clockwork I am defeated by my German lunch – it always ends with me waddling around the Main Road. Enough is enough I say! This time I plotted to go to Chocolate @ No.5 for brunch before a small sized lunch ;)

Mixed Berry Belgian Sugar Waffle

Milk Mocha / Mixed Berry Belgian Sugar Waffle ($14.90)

Warm crispy waffle with a cake-like, buttery inside – could it get any better? Raspberry, blackberries and blueberry coulis added sweetness and tanginess to the mixed berry waffle.  The chocolate version came with smooth, silky chocolate to dip your waffle into :D 2 scoops of creamy ice cream was a dangerous combo for brunch – a bit heavy and sweet for the early morning.

Chocolate Belgian Sugar Waffle

Chocolate Belgian Sugar Waffle ($11.90)

Waffles were so tasty but I would choose the chocolate type next time (that was some good quality chocolate). Ladies that served us at the front were so kind and friendly with the cottage atmosphere giving a warm, fuzzy feeling. Wouldn’t hesitate to come back!

Food: 3.5/5
Service: 3.5/5
Atmosphere: 3.5/5

Chocolate @ No. 5 on Urbanspoon

7 comments for “Chocolate @ No. 5, Hahndorf

1. July 8, 2014 at 8:02 pm

I wish I could order this through my computer screen right now! :D

2. July 8, 2014 at 8:50 pm

That’s pretty filling for any type of meal. I don’t think I will ask for anything more with what you ordered. You sold me!

Julie
    Gourmet Getaways

• July 10, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Haha I’m glad we have the same stomach capacity! I must go there with an emptier stomach to demolish this whole beast :P

3. July 9, 2014 at 7:51 am

I got so excited when I saw Harndorf! I was actually there late last year but I have so many wonderful childhood memories of it from growing up in Adelaide. It’s the best place and just gets better. I think I remember this place but didn’t eat there…big mistake on my behalf!

• July 10, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Aww I love Harndorf – it’s a great day trip with so much food! Although a lot of it’s pretty touristy I’ve got a few places I need to still eat at recommended by locals :) Don’t worry next time you can eat all the waffles!

4. July 16, 2014 at 12:54 pm

wow how awesome does that mocha look.. love the no.5! and the waffles look so delicious too!