Red Door Bakery, Croydon

I absolutely adore Red Door Bakery. It has been a place of salvation from stressful uni times as well as a pre-shopping food stop. I loveeeeee the creme brulee tart that they make and was here only a couple of days ago just to get my fix. The staff are very friendly and nice, always a smile on their face greeting customers.

Creme Brulee Tart Red Door Bakery

Creme Brulee Tart

Creme Brulee Tart Red Door Bakery

Crack D:

Yummm! The vanilla custard is so creamy and oozes out of the thick caramel layer on top.  It was so delicous that me and my friend just sat there in silence, savouring the moment.

It has been an ongoing battle between going with what I know and trying something new at Red Door – it was a stalemate (again). I got both the creme brulee tart and the lemon tart this time. The lemon tart was so amazing, it had a really good balance between the sour and sweetness. I will definitely need to take a photo next time.

Food: 3.5/5
Service: 3/5
Atmosphere: 3/5

Red Door Bakery

Address:

22 Elizabeth Street, Croydon SA 5008

Phone:

08 8340 0306

6 comments for “Red Door Bakery, Croydon

1. Priscilla
    July 13, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I went to this place today with my other half cos he lives nearby and hes a tough food critic because hes abit of a cook himself lol but he loved the pies and the sausage rolls he even said it was prob the best pie/sausage roll he had ever had XD and i tried the creme brulee tart and GAH IT WAS HEAVENLYYYYYY. <3

• July 14, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Haha thats awesome! great to hear :D I’ve only had one of the pies before but it didn’t wow me. I need to try the rolls because I heard they were better. Yayyy for creme brulee tart, now u’re making me want one :DD

2. August 16, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Definitely agree – the Creme Brulee tart is amazing and definitely there signature dessert!

• August 17, 2012 at 11:21 am

<3 Creme Brulee tart, looking at this post makes me hungry again~

3. Cecilia
    March 4, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I love what you’ve done with this blog! I love the creme brulee tarts at red door, but I find their lemon tarts too sweet. They make a delicious pork sausage roll, but make sure you don’t get it at the end of the day as it can be quite dry. The only sausage roll that I’ve tried which is better than red door is the pork sausage roll at Bourke st bakery in Sydney. Keep up the great work. I will follow your posts :D

• March 5, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Thank you for the kind words Cecilia! I’m a fan of their pork sausage roll too, especially that chilli jam mmm. Ooo Bourke st bakery is on my to eat list in Sydney (I have too many to eat list haha) but I’ll need to check it out next time I’m there ^_^